!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> perpetual huddle: thank you for your patience

perpetual huddle

publication is a self-invasion of privacy. -marshall mcluhan

associates must stay in contact at all times in order to maintain a perpetual huddle. -officemax handbook

Monday, October 23, 2006

thank you for your patience



i quit smoking last monday,
but ending that habit seems
to be interfering with
this habit i've just started.
the cravings have been very
manageable during the day.
new thing to do while
waiting for the bus:
fiddle with the safety switch
on my pepper spray.
new thing to do while
walking: worry at
my gums with a toothpick.
new thing to do when
hungry: chew dentyne ice.
new thing to do when
i want to take a short
break from my writing,
to pause, reflect,
and reenergize myself:
fall asleep instead
i hope and pray i'll figure
out how to write without
my late night cigs
in the next couple days
so i can polish up the nine
or so drafts waiting here.
what i mean to say is--
thank you for your patience
and please stand by.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - I'm impatient. I also hate spelling. And writing. Can you write so I only have to read?

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home